[ltp] Experience with multiburners for the Ultrabay Slim (T41)?

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:00:05 +0100

Am Dienstag, 22. November 2005 21:04 schrieb Felix E. Klee:
> Frank Fiene wrote:
> >>* How well do the IBM Multi burners for the Ultrabay Slim work with
> >>   LINUX?
> >
> > Mine is working fine! I have a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-812.
>
> That's good to know.  The latest one is the UJ-832S, AFAIK.
>
> >>* How well do they work with different media, and what media is
> >>   recommended?
> >
> > No problems yet. Dunno which medias! Many! ;-)
>
> Do you verify the data you've burned?  If so, I assume that at least
> once in a while you'll discover a bad DVD especially if you use cheap
> media.  What's your success rate?

100% but mostly i burn with an external Plextor-do-everything-also-DL
burner! The internal are not the fastest.

But i've done nearly 50 DVD- and they went all fine.

> Now, I'd also like to know: Where can one buy these writers for a low
> price (I live in Germany, but I'd consider ordering worldwide as long
> as there are no problems with warranty or customs)?

Sorry, all company stuff. We are buying these things at Bechtle for
example. I don't think you will find them on eBay, but maybe!

Frank
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262