[ltp] Broken ReiserFS / Method for shrinking and moving Windows partition

Vaclav Stepan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:39:45 +0100

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:52:48PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Anyway, what I'd really like to know from this list - aside from
> comments to my above observations - is:
>
> * What methods are you using to shrink preinstalled Windows partitions
>   on Thinkpads?
I deleted it, created two new partitions (first for Windows, second
for Linux) and restored Windows using tools in the hidden/IBM Access
partition - if there is more than one partition (not just free space
after the first), it asks whether to use the whole space or just the
first partition during the restoration process). (This was on R50e.)

> * Is it possible - using the recovery CDs for my T41 - to install
>   Windows in space at the end of the disk?

If you can trick the restoration tool to see the partitions in
non-disk order, it should work.

Vaclav Stepan