[ltp] Soundcard no longer found in T41

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:07:56 +0100

Hi,

I am currently having a strange problem with my T41: It seems not to
have a sound card any longer! It used to work fine under both linux and
windows, but now suddenly this thing seems to be no longer in the
system. lspci just list everything else, but no sound and modem
controllers. (Under windows I also do not get sound anymore)

Any suggestions I could try? Might it be some software or BIOS related
stuff? Any too-short timeouts? Or must I be prepared to replace the main
board because of a hardware defect?

Some background info on the system:

- Its a T41, about 1 1/2 years old (model 2373-2GG, 40GB, Radeon 7500,
1024x768 LCD, DVD-ROM/CD-RW, Bluetooth, IPW2100 wireless)

- Interrupts in BIOS: INTA 10, INTB 5, INTC 9, INTD 4, (INTE & INTF &
INTG auto select), INTH 11.

- OS is mostly linux, used to run 2.6.14 with a radeon suspend-to-ram
patch and suspend2 2.2rc8. Tried 2.6.14.2 with radeon patch and suspend2
2.2rc12 when problem occured, but switching back did not help.

Any more info I should provide?

Thanks,
Ulrich