[ltp] Re: T21, hangs on ACPI resume

Alexis Parseghian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:35:26 +0100

> Intending no personal disrespect, can you see that your (current, tempora=
ry)
> inability to get ACPI working with GNU/Linux mitigates against relying on
> your understanding of what's relevant?

No offense taken, you're absolutely right. Besides, I read the IBM
website a little too quickly last time :
|Version KZET34WW (1.16)
|(New) Enhancement of the battery control.
... this, indeed, could mean anything and be quite relevant to this case.

> I recommend you upgrade the BIOS so you are working with the same

I've always been weary of BIOS updates, particularly when there's no
support (but no lack of very good documentation, I'll admit) -- no
floppy, no DOS (and no available partition to put one on), a flaky
CDROM... and my one and only chance at mobility. I just can't afford
to risk hosing that machine.

> And there is no other way to be sure about it - speculation !=3D reality.

As I was just experimenting with ACPI, I won't risk it. APM works fine
enough for my needs. The day I have no other choice, I'll take that
chance -- but not now.

Thanks for the reply, in any case.