[ltp] Re: T21, hangs on ACPI resume

Kevin Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:14:13 -0500

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 13:35 +0100, Alexis Parseghian wrote:
> > I recommend you upgrade the BIOS so you are working with the same
>
> As I was just experimenting with ACPI, I won't risk it. APM works fine
> enough for my needs. The day I have no other choice, I'll take that
> chance -- but not now.

As far as I can see, there is no reason to bother if you are not
comfortable updating the BIOS.  Although I did not mention it before, I
do have the most recent BIOS release, along with a highly-modular kernel
which I unload all modules before attempting to suspend (although
agpgart and intel_agp will not unload for some reason).  My only hope
was that you would have some subtle difference in your machine/kernel
and we could track it down if suspend-to-RAM worked for you.  However,
that is a bit of a long-shot and it is not worth the hassle of doing
things to your machine for which you are not comfortable.  I hope APM
works well for you.  ;)

Cheers,
Kevin