[ltp] Litle Xorg error after resume (i855GM)

Vaclav Stepan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:39:28 +0100

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 09:26:24AM +0100, Steffen Dreise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was using 2.6.14 - my suspend dont works corrently, Xerror and so on.
> Currently im using 2.6.13 and it works perfectly.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steffen

Have you got the hardware acceleration enabled?
Under 2.6.14, suspend works fine for me when the i915 kernel module is
not loaded - after I load it once and suspend, the problem
with parts of screen missing occurs.

Is that the same with your configuration on 2.6.13? That is:
 - kernel modules drm and i915 loaded
 - glx X module and hardware acceleration enabled in Xorg
 - hardware acceleration works (glxengine or whatever running
   and CPU load stays moderate)
 - you suspend and resume and graphics looks fine?

If so, it might be not that hard to find the bug.

Thank you for the answer

Vaclav Stepan