[ltp] Anyone got ibm-acpi scripts working on SuSE?

Bill Sheppard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:03:37 -0700

I've got a Thinkpad T42 running ibm-acpi, and I'd like to get some of
the Fn-keys working.  SuSE (9.3) seems to have a more elaborate scheme
than documented elsewhere; all events get sent to apcid_proxy, and then
handed out to appropriate scripts.  I've got many of the components
together, but I'm getting lost in the details and would love to see an
example of a working configuration.  For instance, you're supposed to
put the event name into POWERSAVE_EVENT_OTHER in
/etc/sysconfig/powersave/events.  Since the FN hotkey events are
multi-word (i.e. ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001007) it's not clear to me
whether I need quotes in the sysconfig entry, and what to name the
associated script.

I don't see an easy way to bypass the mechanism, as the sole entry in
/etc/acpi/events has an entry:

event=.*
action=/usr/sbin/acpid_proxy %e

so if I add other scripts in there it's unclear whether this wildcard
would handle all events before my script gets checked.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Bill

Bill Sheppard                                  Industry Marketing Manager
bill.sheppard@sun.com                   Consumer and Mobile Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.