[ltp] Anyone got ibm-acpi scripts working on SuSE?

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Oct 2005 10:50:16 +0200

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 18:03 -0700, Bill Sheppard wrote:
> event=.*
> action=/usr/sbin/acpid_proxy %e
>
> so if I add other scripts in there it's unclear whether this wildcard
> would handle all events before my script gets checked.

According to the acpid manual page:
"This  feature  allows multiple rules to be defined for the same event
(though no ordering is guaranteed), as well as one rule to be defined
for multiple events."

So, if you put an additional

event=ibm/
action=/where/ever/you/put/the/script.sh "%e"

you should be able to use the SuSE setup and your script side by side.
I don't have a catch-all event line in my acpid configuration, but I
have multiple action lines for the same event, and that works fine. So
in case the additional event is not recognized, just add your action
line below the acpid_proxy call and search for specific ibm-acpi events
in the script.

Regards
WK
--