[ltp] Re: I bought the R52 !!!

satyakam goswami linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:52:54 +0530

> Do not blame me. I am a radio amateur, so called a HAM. Where is the
> program for meteor scatter, for contacts via the moon, PSK31 and at
> least one usable logging program. Yes there are several so called
> programs but if you just compare them with Windows equivalents will
> understand that they are really bad!!! and unusable. I compare free
> Windows programs only. And many prefer to pay for such a jewel as MixW
> instead to fight with buggy alfa Linux programs.
did you report those bugs back to developers ?, the way i look at it
is if we as the community let it be HAM or whatever if we dont report
back to the developers how can they come close to what ever you want
the free software to be.
> If you compare every day what Windows developers are doing we should have
> them. And linux will be a reall competitor against Windows. I want to
> forget about Windows but I HAVE to boot every day when hamming.
i think you are in that unique position to help yourself by=20
communicating these features and asking these developers to
incorporate in there development plan.
> That the truth guys. The power of Windows is not Windows but all those
> great software developers who never say Linux is stupied but take all
> goodies from it!!!
true why cant we think the other way round too ;-)

Satyakam