[ltp] t43 ipw2200 wireless

20100 p linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:04:52 +0200

------=_Part_4716_31367598.1128326692364

Hello,

On 9/27/05, Domas Monkus <domas.m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed Arch linux (www.archlinux.org <http://www.archlinux.org>)
> on my T43. Now I'm
> strugling to get wireless working. Under Windows XP it works fine. But
> when I load the driver under linux, it does not, even though I get no
> errors in the logs. Running iwconfig after loading the module returns
> that no wireless interfaces are found. What is more, the wireless led is
> off and it seems the adapter could just be turned off, however I've been
> unable to find a way to turn it on. I have downloaded the latest
> firmware (2.4) and, as I have already mentioned, it returns no errors.

As for my case, which looks like yours, I managed to have the ipw2200 modul=
and the wifi card working, by doing a :
suro rmmod ipw2200 && sudo modprobe ipw2200
And then everything is alright.
I now have to find why the module is loaded at boot time but not working...
Hope this helps,
Vincent

------=_Part_4716_31367598.1128326692364

l_sendername">Domas Monkus</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:domas.m@gmail.com">dom=
as.m@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
Hi,<br>I've installed Arch linux (<a href=3D"http://www.archlinux.org">www.=
archlinux.org</a>) on my T43. Now I'm<br>strugling to get wireless working.=
 Under Windows XP it works fine. But<br>when I load the driver under linux,=
 it does not, even though I get no
r>that no wireless interfaces are found. What is more, the wireless led is<=
br>off and it seems the adapter could just be turned off, however I've been
mware (2.4) and, as I have already mentioned, it returns no errors.<br></bl=
ockquote></div><br>
As for my case, which looks like yours, I managed to have the ipw2200 modul=
e and the wifi card working, by doing a :<br>
suro rmmod ipw2200 &amp;&amp; sudo modprobe ipw2200<br>
And then everything is alright.<br>
I now have to find why the module is loaded at boot time but not working...=
Hope this helps,<br>
Vincent<br>

------=_Part_4716_31367598.1128326692364--