[ltp] Re: Question on ifplugd and ACPI suspend

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:16:50 +0200

[Archive responsible Bcc:ed for his information]

Shannon McMackin @ 2005-10-02 (Sunday), 13:46 (-0400)
> Bob Alexander wrote:
> > Shannon McMackin wrote:
> >
> > Yes Shannon. Correct. This is the second-best solution but sa often
> > during the day I attach and detach my laptop it can be a little nuisance.
> >
> >> NetworkManager may be a better solution for you than ifplugd.
> >
> > Can you give me a pointer ? I am a Debian aficionado :)
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bob
>
> I found the link...
>
> http://bootlab.org/~j/NetworkManager-breezy/
>
> Shannon

This looked like a software worth giving a chance. However I didn't
manage to install it on my Debian/sarge laptop. Binary package install
fails with version dependency problems - but I more or less expected
that to happen.

When trying to install from source I get the following error:
"
10:14|leka% LANG=C apt-get source network-manager
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Need to get 636kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://bootlab.org ./ network-manager 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5 (dsc) [909B]
Get:2 http://bootlab.org ./ network-manager 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5 (tar) [629kB]
Get:3 http://bootlab.org ./ network-manager 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5 (diff) [6238B]
Fetched 2B in 1s (1B/s)
Failed to fetch http://bootlab.org/~j/NetworkManager-breezy/./network-manager_0.4.1+cvs20050817.orig.tar.gz MD5Sum mismatch
E: Failed to fetch some archives.
10:14|leka%
"

Would anyone have any clues on what's wrong?
--
/Martin