[ltp] correct calibration of synaptics touchpad

phaidros linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:12:54 +0200

hi ppl :)

I'm lurking this list since a while and find it a very useful and
friendly community driven place!

with my t41p I'm still not able to do hibernation with fglrx correctly,
but this is a track I don't want to follow now ;)

Since a week I configured my synaptics touchpad as documented in some
HOWTOs, but its vot very useful for me.

 Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier "Touchpad"
   Driver "synaptics"
   Option "SHMConfig"                  "off"
   Option "SendCoreEvents"             "yes"
   Option "Protocol"                   "auto-dev"
   Option "Device"                     "/dev/input/event2"
   Option "LeftEdge"                   "120"
   Option "RightEdge"                  "830"
   Option "TopEdge"                    "120"
   Option "BottomEdge"                 "650"
   Option "FingerLow"                  "14"
   Option "FingerHigh"                 "15"
   Option "MaxTapTime"                 "130"
   Option "MaxTapMove"                 "5"
   Option "EmulateMidButtonTime"       "75"
   Option "VertScrollDelta"            "20"
   Option "HorizScrollDelta"           "40"
   Option "MinSpeed"                   "0.4"
   Option "MaxSpeed"                   "0.95"
   Option "AccelFactor"                "0.035"
   Option "EdgeMotionMinSpeed"         "200"
   Option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"         "200"
   Option "UpDownScrolling"            "1"
   Option "CircularScrolling"          "1"
   Option "CircScrollDelta"            "0.1"
   Option "CircScrollTrigger"          "7"
   Option "TapButton1"                 "1"
   Option "TapButton2"                 "2"
   Option "TapButton3"                 "3"
   Option "LockedDrops"                "1"
 EndSection

.. because: the whole thingie is like a big scrollbar! what I expected
and wanted to config is (like the touchpad works in window$) that it
works as a mousepointer, on the right edge an up-down scrolling and on
the lower edge right-left scrolling.
could someone help out how to configure this? i tried to understand the
settings above but couldn't figure out how to reach my goal ;)

thanx in advance,
phaidros