[ltp] correct calibration of synaptics touchpad

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:31:16 +0200

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:12:54PM +0200, phaidros wrote:
> Since a week I configured my synaptics touchpad as documented in some
> HOWTOs, but its vot very useful for me.
[...]
>  .. because: the whole thingie is like a big scrollbar! what I expected
> and wanted to config is (like the touchpad works in window$) that it
> works as a mousepointer, on the right edge an up-down scrolling and on
> the lower edge right-left scrolling.
> could someone help out how to configure this? i tried to understand the
> settings above but couldn't figure out how to reach my goal ;)

Your edge parameters are wrong. You should read the README provided with
the synaptics driver. (/usr/share/doc/xorg-driver-synaptics/README.gz
for me)
It describes How the edge parameters are defined. Running
"synclient -m 1" will write out the data sent by your touchpad. Use that
to figure out what values are correct for _your_ touchpad. I found that
most values I found on the internet were wrong for me.
It's also a good oportunity to ajust the pressure and time values for
clicking (no more accidentally clicking for me since then..).

michael