[ltp] ACPI error....

Jonathan Freund linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:54:24 -0500

I have an X40 running FC4 with a stock Linux kernel
2.6.12-1.1447_FC4.  I compiled and installed ibm-acpi 0.11,
as recommended by several.  And everything seems well at first
thanks to all the help out there, especially on this list.  It
Fn+F4 suspends, it dims with Fn+End, it monitors the
battery status, and so on.  But after a while (a day or two),
they all stop working.  Hitting Fn+End (to dim) produces:

Oct  3 21:17:55 slinker kernel:     ACPI-0105: *** Error: Could not
allocate new owner_id (32 max), AE_OWNER_ID_LIMIT
Oct  3 21:17:55 slinker kernel:     ACPI-0509: *** Error: Method
execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPC_.EC__.BAT0._BST] (Node c1acdda0),
AE_OWNER_ID_LIMIT

in /var/log/messages.  The battery status fails to recognize
that it's on battery.  It no longer will sleep with Fn+F4.
It will maybe sleep with the command-line

# echo mem > /sys/power/state

but I'm not sure:  the fan stops, the screen goes off,
the wireless indicator LED goes off, but the little moon
LED remains off (?).  It will wake with Fn, but still
with the other acpi features not working.

Anyone have any suggestions?   Did I miss somthing?
My knowledge is spotty and shallow, so I could easily
have overlooked something obvious.  Any help is very
appreciated.

Jon