[ltp] Re: Question on ifplugd and ACPI suspend

Franz Hirschbeck linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:24:41 +0200

--nextPart3697028.KGa04i8buc

Hi Martin,

On Monday 03 October 2005 10:16, Martin Samuelsson wrote:
> This looked like a software worth giving a chance. However I didn't
> manage to install it on my Debian/sarge laptop. Binary package install
> fails with version dependency problems - but I more or less expected
> that to happen.
You shouldn't mix up an ubuntu repository with a debian installation, unles=
s=20
you know exactly what you are doing. Maybe you can find a repository where=
=20
network manager for debian/sarge is offered otherwise you may run into=20
dependency problems.

> When trying to install from source I get the following error:
> "
> 10:14|leka% LANG=3DC apt-get source network-manager
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Need to get 636kB of source archives.
> Get:1 http://bootlab.org ./ network-manager 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5
> (dsc) [909B] Get:2 http://bootlab.org ./ network-manager
> 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5 (tar) [629kB] Get:3 http://bootlab.org ./
> network-manager 0.4.1+cvs20050817-0ubuntu5 (diff) [6238B] Fetched 2B in 1s
> (1B/s)
> Failed to fetch
> http://bootlab.org/~j/NetworkManager-breezy/./network-manager_0.4.1+cvs20=
05
>0817.orig.tar.gz MD5Sum mismatch E: Failed to fetch some archives.
> 10:14|leka%
2B fetched? Maybe wget is not working right, is there a proxy or firewall t=
hat=20
produces the problem? Or a typo in the sources.list. Maybe the repository w=
as=20
updated when you fetched the file, try it again some minutes later.=20

greetings,
=46ranz Hirschbeck