[ltp] London suppliers of used Thinkpads

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:15:02 +0100

Duncan Anderson wrote:

> Greetings All
>
> I have been running Mandrake Linux on an old T22 for several years,
> but now I think the machine is getting a little tired. Do any of the
> UK members of this list know of any companies, especially in the
> London area, who sell refurbished or secondhand Thinkpads? I live in a
> fairly undeveloped part of South Africa where such things are either
> unavailable or very expensive.
>
> I am going to be in London for a few days at the end of this month,
> and I want to try to find another notebook while I am there. Obviously
> I want a Thinkpad, preferably something with a P4 processor.
>
> Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but if I get such a machine I shall
> surely be running Linux on it.
>
> regards
> Duncan
>

> ___________________________________________________________ To help
> you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo!
> Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com

I cant help you in London, but im just 2 hrs away on theS coast ( Bmth)
andhave a very good friend who supplies Thinkpads to me and others.
 Ill be able to cal lhim on Thursday( im away till then from my desk)of
this week to find out what he can get for you.
 Dont get a P4 powered machine.
 you must get a Thinkpad with the Centrino processor. Much better and
much less power huingry.
  One of the later T range such as the T 30 or 31 would be a good step up.
 as soon as ive some info ill write here again.
 Ted Frater
 thinkpad dealer and enthusiast in Dorset UK.