[ltp] Re: I bought the R52 !!!

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:47:50 +1300

--nextPart2309548.u8uQnjG6Aa

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:47, Harry Popov wrote:

> program for meteor scatter, for contacts via the moon, PSK31 and at
> least one usable logging program. Yes there are several so called
> programs but if you just compare them with Windows equivalents will
> understand that they are really bad!!! and unusable. I compare free
> Windows programs only. And many prefer to pay for such a jewel as MixW
> instead to fight with buggy alfa Linux programs.

if it's important to you that there be such programs write them yourself. =
=20
Then no one would have any reason to complain, and you would have standing =
to=20
tell everyone how it should be.  You could be fixing the problem instead of=
=20
telling other people to do it for you.

I now have an IBM TransNote.  It appears there isn't Linux support for the=
=20
digitizing pad, but there is an SDK.  I have a day job, but I'm interested,=
=20
so I'll do the work myself, and share it.

=46ree Software isn't about winning, it's about freedom.  Write something a=
nd=20
share it.

But if it is about winning, you won't win much complaining, but you might b=
y=20
doing some work.

Cheers,
Bret