[ltp] Not amused...

FeRD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:44:31 -0400

Bob Alexander wrote:

> Helen Borrie wrote:
>

>> ...to be hit, on my slow dialup link, with a 1.5 Mb attachment on
>> this mail list from FeRD.  This is right out of line with established
>> mail-list etiquette.  I don't want your infernal themes and you had
>> no right to assume I did.
>>
>> Helen
>>

> Helen,
> I feel a little guilty and want to excuse myself since it was me
> asking for some themes. FeRD was kind enough to send them over and he
> probably did not mean to swamp the list.
>
> Sorry,
> Bob

While I appreciate the benefit of the doubt, I'll confess that my
list-mailing was intended, tho I certainly didn't mean to swamp the list
with the discussion that ensued as a result! I'm still of two minds on
the whole issue myself.

I read and respond to email offline, so without a live connection
available to me when I saw the request (or as I'm writing this), so the
only way for me to reasonably get the files you asked for to you was to
simply attach them to a reply -- thinking "I'll post them on a web page
and email links next time I'm online" is all well and good, but you'd
still be waiting for me to remember. :) I suppose I could have emailed
them just to you, but it seemed likely that others would be looking for
the same files. Perhaps I went a little too far applying the "it's not
that hard to hit Delete" rule, and for that (and the pain caused list
members with slow connections or problematic MUAs), I do apologize.

-FeRD