[ltp] Problems with cpufreq governors

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:22:20 +0200

Bob Alexander schrieb:
> Hannes Kuhnert wrote:
> > With Linux 2.6.12 I can only use the cpufreq governors "performance",
> > "powersave" and "userspace". "ondemand" and "conservative" are available,
> > but can't be chosen. Is that a special problem with Thinkpads or with
> > this Kernel?
> >
> > Additionally, in the kernel configuration only "performance" or
> > "userspace" can be chosen as defaults, is that a bug?
>
> If you are talking about kernel config before compiling (make menuconfig
> etc.) of course it is possible.
>
> Do you have an old .config in your dir ?

No, I configured it from scratch.

But not being able to chose my prefered cpufreq governor as default ist the
minor problem, what my really bothers is that, running the new kernel some
cpufreq governers can't be used, although they are shown as available (by
cpufreq-info for example).
--
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany