[ltp] Secure Ubuntu (was Re: IBM Recovery CDs, partitions)

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:45:41 +0200

--=-CSRtywnvVnHNY+PRpmoF

hi,

I've tried this without luck. You need a special IBM Windows Install CD.

Greetz

Konstantin

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 00:30 +0200, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Hei,
>=20
> > I installed a clean WXPP from non-IBM installation CDs. This was
> > painpul as WinXp was not able to identify a couple of components,
> > especially all NICs. So I went to the IBM site and downloaded (from
> > another PC) a couple of drivers and packets: drivers for the NICs
> > (WLAN and wired), chipset support drivers, ATI drivers and the
> > software install packet. Burned those packages to a CD and installed
> > them on the R52. To my surprise, the IBM/ Lenovo Software Installer
> > made installation of software as easy as Debians apt-get. So all the
> > missing drivers have been downloaded and installed automagically. So I
> > got a low fat Windows without all the additional crap.
>=20
> one question, because i have to reinstall my own IBM-Windows system,=20
> since it got trashed due to overlapping partitions.
>=20
> Did your IBM Windows serial number work with your other Windows=20
> installation CD?
>=20
> Andr=E9.
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-CSRtywnvVnHNY+PRpmoF

--=-CSRtywnvVnHNY+PRpmoF--