[ltp] Re: few questions to begin with an x40

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 07:36:36 +0000

On 10/6/05, Andr=E9 Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> wrote:
> come se fosse antani wrote:
> > I don't know but yesterday I found on thinkwiki [1] that it's better
> > to NOT use the acpi_sleep option with the intel extreme graphics based
> > thinkpad.
> > uh... it seems to be quite complicated here... :D
> >
> > [1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_display_remaining_black_=
after_resume

> Look there again, now. ;-)

You're right. I tried with the kernel option acpi_sleep and it works.
I misunderstood the words on the wiki; perhaps my english skills,
perhaps it's not so clear to understand.... ;)
Anyway, now it works like a charme ! the only "problem" now iw to
check if with acpi the battery consumption while sleeping is more than
with apm.
Now it seems that with apm is better, but I've to do some other
tests.... and to check the wiki! :D

thanks, antani

--
keep in mind the power of antani