[ltp] Verizon Wireless Access

Robert Thau linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:00:52 -0400

Hi.  I'm interested in getting Verizon Wireless Broadband for my R51,
but I'm having trouble figuring out which cards have Linux drivers
available.

>From what I can tell, they seem to offer three right now:

  PC 5740
  V620
  Kyocera KPC650

Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

(By all accounts, any of thes card has to be activated using their
software on a Windows box, but some on the net claim --- using
different cards --- that it can be made to work on Linux after that.
There is a purported KPC 650 driver here:

  http://wireless-internet-broadband-service.com/

but I'm a bit suspicious of code which is apparently supposed to be
pasted out of a web page and then linked into your kernel...)

rst