[ltp] Verizon Wireless Access

George Yanos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:43:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Alex Deucher wrote:

> On 10/7/05, Robert Thau <rst@ai.mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hi.  I'm interested in getting Verizon Wireless Broadband for my R51,
>> but I'm having trouble figuring out which cards have Linux drivers
>> available.
>>
>> From what I can tell, they seem to offer three right now:
>>
>>   PC 5740
>>   V620
>>   Kyocera KPC650

I have a V620.  It works.

There is a long discussion at
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300962&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
about Tim Sipples getting it to work.  I did much the same as he did but
didn't have the troubles he had, it just worked after the serial driver
was loaded.  It took an hour or so of fiddling, which probably is
the result of a later kernel than above, and of having to initialize it
on a windows machine.

* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos@uic.edu   *                                                *