[ltp] Moving windows

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:40:02 +0200

Hei,

> 1)It might work - but may not, because Windows may complain that the
> hardware is being changed under it. There shouldn't be driver issues -
> the QEMU hardware is pretty standard. I'll give it a try anyway.

yepp.

> 2)It's morally legal to do this, but the technicalities are murky.

What is "morally legal"? Those two words exclude each other. ;-)

> 3)Yes, this is crazy, and I should stick with Linux. However the reason
> is that my friend is being migrated from WinME (ugh!!) to Tux, and it
> would be useful if she could have some means of running Windows software
> eg Publisher (yuk!) without going completely cold-turkey. I don't want
> to pay for a separate copy of Windows, and I really don't want to copy
> the WinME installation, since that is so badly corrupted(*).

Did you think about using Wine or even CrossOver Office?

As i understand, Publisher uses a proprietary binary format (what a
surprise), but maybe it's possible to export to something else and use
native Linux applications?

André.