[ltp] finding thinkpads which boot from usb 2.0 disk

Mack Stevenson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:12:21 +0200

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Indeed, it starts to look like one cannot

I am wondering if things might be different with the X series; for some
reason (I suppose that would be the lack of an internal ultrabay), I always
thought they were more flexible when it came to booting options/external
devices. I know that a friend's X30 has exactly the same problem you
described: it can boot from usb but will reset the default boot order next
time around. (And she has the latest BIOS update installed...)

Can anyone comment on how the X31/2 behave when it comes to booting from usb
devices? Are they able to remember the boot order?

Thanks for any further help, this really is a great mailing list,

Mack