[ltp] finding thinkpads which boot from usb 2.0 disk

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:16:36 -0400

Sorry for the flurry of posts... This will be the last.
A brief look finds this page:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50838
which might suggest that these are the oldest thinkpad models supporting
USB 2.0.  Although I can't directly confirm that the G40, R40, X31 or
X40 support USB booting, they probably do.  You should definitely make
sure the BIOS will keep the USB boot order though.  The T40 and R50 are
the only models I'm certain do it correctly with a BIOS update.

Joel