[ltp] finding thinkpads which boot from usb 2.0 disk

Kevin Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:50:40 -0400

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 11:42 -0400, Bert Haskins wrote:
> I would like to second this request and request any older ( not
> expensive ) Tps that
> can boot from a pcmcia/cardbus card or for that matter any non-rotating
> media.

Great request, if a bit broad.  I was unable to find much specific
information on the IBM or Lenovo support websites about supported boot
devices for ThinkPads (other than the BIOS simulators and various
references in the model overviews and manuals), much less a concise
summary.  So, I just created a page on the ThinkWiki (www.thinkwiki.org)
in the style of the APM vs. ACPI functionality table[1] to consolidate
all of the supported boot device information to one place.  The page is
at http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Supported_Boot_Devices and I would
encourage anyone with a spare moment to contribute to the page.

Cheers,
Kevin

1.	http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/APM_vs._ACPI