[ltp] Re: Firmware Upgrade/Region Set on UJ-812 DVD burner from Linux

Sean Dague linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:33:54 -0400

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 03:24:47PM -0400, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:10:18AM -0400, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to either
> >=20
> >   (1) upgrade the firmware
> >           or
> >   (2) set the region code
> >=20
> > on the UJ-812 DVD burner, from Linux? (This is the default one for the
> > Thinkpad X40 slim ultrabase). =20
> >=20
> > All of the tools I've found seem to be for Windows only--and I don't ha=
ve
> > Windows installed.  Any way to do it from Linux?  IBM ignored my support
> > request on the subject.
> >=20
> > Thanks for any tips.
>=20
> And a related question--has anyone figured out how to upgrade the
> firmware without a floppy drive? Are we really expected to buy a whole
> new peripheral just to do a firmware upgrade?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_Upgrade - I added a bunch of stuff to
that about 6 months ago when I updated my firmware CD via the method listed.

	-Sean

--=20

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--