[ltp] Thinkpad T20 lcd dim

Efthym linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:11:42 +0300

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:51:54 +0300, John Shillinglaw <ianchas@sc.rr.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a T20 that the display has gone out on... it is always dim, you
> can see the display under bright light or with a flashlight, but is
> otherwise dark.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions about whether the problem is in the lcd
> itself or the motherboard?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

I had a similar problem with my T21. In my case, the brightness was
restored when I applied pressure to the base of the lcd and then dimmed
again once I removed my hand.
I replaced the lcd cable without any result. I think at the end they
replaced a board that is located behing the lcd (not the inverter card) to
fix the problem.
I think your problem might be (approx) the same with mine - the LCD and
not motherboard.. Have a look at this
(http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4PEHK3.html) and I think
you should pay a visit to your local dealer.

Hope this helps and good luck

Efthym