[ltp] [T43] IBM Battery Li-Ion for UltraBay 2000

Senectus . linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:14:49 +0800

On 10/12/05, Marcel Selhorst <thinkpad@selhorst.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone the Li-Ion battery for UltraBay 2000 with a T43 and can tell m=
e the actual
> amount of mWH? The only values I could find was that it is 8 cell and has=
 10.8 V.
> How large is the capacity difference between the Li-Ion and the Li-Polyme=
r battery?
> And is there a way under Linux to "force" the notebook to use the main ba=
ttery first
> before touching the Ultrabay battery (so that I'm able to exchange the ma=
in battery
> without powering off?)
>
> Thanks in advance!
I have one for the A31p and IMHO it was a complete waste of space.
It added nothing to my battery life that was worth the extra cost and
weight (about 20 min's extra).
It also died a long time before my normal battery died.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
CNet News.com: So that would be the philosophical difference between