[ltp] London suppliers of used Thinkpads

Eric Kjeldergaard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:47:12 +0000

On 05/10/05, Eric A. Constant <constan8@msu.edu> wrote:
> Ted Frater wrote:
>
> > Eric A. Constant wrote:

> >> But isn't a T30 a P4-M machine?
> >> -Eric (soon to be getting a T23)
> >>
> > I think of the P4 as the desktop processor used by the cheap laptop
> > makers .
> > I always thought the Centrino  was the development of  the P3m .  And
> > is called the dothan.
> > However im sure thatsomeone will clarify the intel processor family
> > better than  me.
> >
> Okay, I think I see what you mean (and I could very easily be wrong
> since I'm a novice when it comes to laptops):  For the current line the
> Celeron is Intel's cheapest laptop chip (and I think cheapest desktop
> chip).  You're right, the Centrino/P-M is a development of the P3m
> (which IMO makes the P3m a good lower-budget choice).  The P4-M, at
> least for laptops, was developed after the P3m but in many ways was a
> step backwards (at least that is what I've been led to believe) and I
> think you're right here too, the P4-M a desktop chip in a laptop.

My p4m in my R40 gets just over 6 hours on a charge with the standard
battery which seems pretty impressive for a 2.2 ghz "desktop chip in a
laptop".

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.