[ltp] Problems with Display

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:17:09 +1300

On Friday 14 October 2005 03:29, Sebastian Anding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I boot my Thinkpad 600 from a cd, e.g. gentoo-2005.1 then the whole
>  monitor is used. But using my self compiled gentoo-2.6.13-r3 kernel,
> the console is only a small window of the LCD. Is there any kernel
> command line option or an kernel configuration option I might have
> forgotten?
Definatively, yes.
1) Use a grub.conf line such as this:-
   kernel /vmlinuz ro root=/dev/hda3 video=radeonfb:ywrap,mtrr,
1024x768-24@60 resume2=swap:/dev/hda2

2) Ensure you have the video modules as under inserted into the kernel.
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m

That works for me on my R40 using Gentoo. The virtual terminal display changes
to full screen on the video modules being loaded.

imogen ~ # uname -a
Linux imogen 2.6.14-rc2-mm2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 2 21:42:40 NZDT 2005 i686
Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

--
CS