[ltp] OT weird lcd cable

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:24:53 -0400

In the process of trying to bring up another Thinkpad ( A22M )
I opened up the upper housing and found this  weird lcd cable.
The cable splits about one inch inside of the housing and about half of the
cable goes up to the lcd as expected.
The other half goes up to the front of the cover and does ?
The thinklight cable forks off of this section but what does the main
cable do?

Has there anyone on the list who has run into this and knows what it is for?
The part number 27L0663 seems to indicate that this is a standard A22M
cable but I have never seen anything like this before.

TIA
 Bert