[ltp] Problems with Display

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:07:10 +0200

Sebastian Anding schrieb:
> Tino Keitel wrote:
> > Why not using the .config from the gentoo-2005.1 kernel and using it
> > for the new kernel source?
>
> Vesa and vesa-tng is broken in gentoo-x86-2.6.13-r3 sources.

Yesterday it worked, tody it's broken but tommorow it will work again - I
don't like this kind of software. My Desktop Machine is running with 2.4,
because burning CD and DVD isn't possible with 2.6. On my Notebook I'm using
2.6 because of ACPI, CPU frequency scaling and udev, but I haven't yet
managed to hotswap Ultrabay devices.

> That is
> while it won't work. The gentoo-2005.1 CD uses vesa lsmod showed me.
  ^^^^^
  why

> > I think the reason is in the framebuffer config settings.
>
> Maybe it is only the vesa/framebuffer driver mode?

Look at fb/vesafb.txt in the Documentation.
--
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany