[ltp] DVDs too slow on R31

Bob Toxen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:35:32 -0400

When I try to play DVDs on my R31 using the ThinkPad DVD reader, they
have VERY choppy video and audio.  I'm running a kernel and X that
are not optimized for the R31 ThinkPad.  I'm about to try a kernel that
a friend built that he claims will resolve the "no MTRR" (sic) problem.

Can someone provide the X configuration, etc. necessary?  I'd gladly
take any advice on kernel configurations, etc.  I can live with
turning X off for playing DVDs and using, is it Mplayer, if this
is easier.

Thanks VERY much,

Bob Toxen, CTO
Horizon Network Security
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
local and remote backup software, Network Monitoring,
Network Security consulting, and Linux System Administration"
(But not an expert in multimedia)

http://www.verysecurelinux.com       [Network & Linux/Unix Security Consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My 5* book: "Real World Linux Security"]
http://www.verysecurelinux.com/sunset.html                    [Sunset Computer]