[ltp] NumLock going crazy, extermly annoying problem

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 02:24:40 +0200

--=-zC/WPZSYEQOLLf1NC5Ch

hi,

you've installed a package, don't know how it's called, but it was
something to use the Numlock for blinking of the network.

Try to search for such a software on your laptop.

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 17:51 +0200, Yoni Levy wrote:
> I am using  Thinkpad r50e.
>=20
> Every 2-3 seconds, the green light behind the NumLock status indicator=20
> gets lit, and NumLock is activated.
>=20
> It only stays lit for about half a second but if i type in that time,=20
> the character output is wrong ( * instead of p for example).
>=20
> When i try to manipulate the NumLock status, it doesn't work at all=20
> (pressing shift+ScrLk has no effect).
>=20
> I've also identified a connection between the left-most status icon=20
> (wireless network indicator? i don't know, i don't use wifi) - once the=20
> wifi status icon is lit, the NumLock stays shut, but when it's not, the=20
> NumLock goes crazy.
>=20
>=20
> Any help will be appreciated, this is really frustrating ...
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Yoni
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-zC/WPZSYEQOLLf1NC5Ch

--=-zC/WPZSYEQOLLf1NC5Ch--