[ltp] battery woes

Stephen Ryan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:38:46 -0400

------=_Part_6020_26302947.1129491526497

On 10/16/05, Michael Kamper <m-kamper@gmx.de> wrote:

> Christopher Sawtell wrote:
>
> >> Since my
> >> original battery has nothing written on it concerning the capacity, is
> >> 4000 mAh ok?
> > No, definitely not!
>
> Definitely yes!
> Don't mix up mAh and mWh.

:-)

For reference, the normal battery that came with my T40 is a 4400 mAh
battery; the high capacity battery is a 6600 mAh battery; while I don't kno=
how long the original battery lasted when it was new (I bought the T40
used), it's now down to 1.5 hours; the high capacity battery, which I did
purchase new, is still good for at least 6 hours, at the expense of taking
up an extra inch of space in the back.

------=_Part_6020_26302947.1129491526497

dername">Michael Kamper</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:m-kamper@gmx.de">m-kamper=
@gmx.de</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"bor=
der-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-=
left: 1ex;">
ttery has nothing written on it concerning the capacity, is<br>&gt;&gt; 400=
p mAh and mWh.
:-)<br>
For reference, the normal battery that came with my T40 is a 4400 mAh
battery; the high capacity battery is a 6600 mAh battery; while I don't
know how long the original battery lasted when it was new (I bought the
T40 used), it's now down to 1.5 hours; the high capacity battery, which
I did purchase new, is still good for at least 6 hours, at the expense
of taking up an extra inch of space in the back.<br>

------=_Part_6020_26302947.1129491526497--