[ltp] Trackpoint: press_to_select results in double click

Andreas Ntaflos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:54:52 +0200

Hello again,

after enabling the trackpoint patch for my 2.6.12 kernel (gentoo-sources
2.6.12-r10, on a T41p) and finding the files to configure it I did

# echo -n 1 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/press_to_select

to be able to tap the trackpoint to get a left click. It seems, however,
that tapping the trackpoint once results in a double left click, at
least under X, which is not good. On the console there seems to be no
problem.

It's not supposed to do that, is it? Why could this be? How would I fix
it?

FWIW, here's the trackpoint section of my xorg.conf, nothing fancy
though.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "trackpoint"
        Driver "mouse"