[ltp] "debian update-grub script" and thinkpad hidden recovery

Julien Leproust linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:10:48 +0200

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005, Paul RIVIER wrote :
> My laptop is T42 with the 1400*1050 screen, bought in July.
> After installing a free OS on all my HDD exept on the recovery
> partition, NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ENTER THE RECOVERY AGAIN.
> Exactly the same pb as on T43, with blue screen error.
> Just my 2 cents

Ok, sorry, this seems the case only with newer Thinkpads.

Jiang Qian pointed <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Rescue_and_Recovery>,
which investigates the problem for T43 and R52 only. The problem seems
to be the same with your T42. Maybe late T42s got newer Rescue and
recovery 3.0 ?

Regards,

--
Julien