[ltp] "debian update-grub script" and thinkpad hidden recovery

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:06:25 +0300

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 12:10:48AM +0200, Julien Leproust wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2005, Paul RIVIER wrote :
> > My laptop is T42 with the 1400*1050 screen, bought in July.
> > After installing a free OS on all my HDD exept on the recovery=20
> > partition, NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ENTER THE RECOVERY AGAIN.
> > Exactly the same pb as on T43, with blue screen error.
> > Just my 2 cents
>=20
> Ok, sorry, this seems the case only with newer Thinkpads.
>=20
> Jiang Qian pointed <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Rescue_and_Recovery>,
> which investigates the problem for T43 and R52 only. The problem seems
> to be the same with your T42. Maybe late T42s got newer Rescue and
> recovery 3.0 ?

I do not know which version of Rescue and Recovery is on my T42, but the
solution offered on that wiki page (change partition type) fixed the
blue screen for me.

Details at the bottom of
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Rescue_and_Recovery

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct =3D 25dec!

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--