[ltp] Dual head for T43p

Lars Roland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:48:21 +0200

On 10/19/05, Stephan Gatzka <Stephan.Gatzka@inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I have a problem using the external VGA connector on my T43p.
> I installed Fedora Core 4 on the T43p, the xorg version is 6.8.2
>
> What  I want is a resolution of 1600x1200 on the T43p-panel, and a
> resolution of 1024x786 on the external VGA port. On both displays I want
> the same image.

this partial xorg config shoudl work (just wipe all your exsisting
screen/monitor/device sections)::

----------
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI"
        Driver          "radeon"
        # force correct monitor layout
        Option          "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,TVDS"
        # accelration
        Option          "AGPMode" "4"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip" "true"
        Option          "backingstore"  "true"
        # enable PowerPlay features
        Option          "DynamicClocks" "on"
        # use bios hot keys on thinkpad (aka fn+f7)
        Option          "BIOSHotkeys" "on"
        # enable radeon specific xinerama
        Option          "MergedFB" "true"
        Option          "CRT2Position" "Clone"
        Option          "CRT2Hsync" "50-75"
        Option          "CRT2VRefresh" "30-82"
        Option          "MetaModes" "1600x1200-1024x768"
        # we have two different sized desktops, fix window scaling
        Option          "MergedNonRectangular" "true"
        # misc
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
        Screen 0
EndSection