[ltp] Dual head for T43p

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:18:13 +0300

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 01:48:21PM +0200, Lars Roland wrote:
>         Driver          "radeon"
>         Option          "MergedFB" "true"
>         Option          "MetaModes" "1600x1200-1024x768"
>         # we have two different sized desktops, fix window scaling
>         Option          "MergedNonRectangular" "true"

/me googles.

So, MergedNonRectangular disables the "virtual" scrolling.  Cool!  When
did it appear in the radeon driver?  X.org 6.8.2 doesn't seem to have
it.

> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier "Default Screen"
>         Device "ATI"
>         Monitor "InternalLCD"
>         DefaultDepth 24
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Depth 24
>                 Modes "1600x1200"

Don't you need to add mode "1024x768" here?

    Note:   Any mode you use in the MetaModes must be defined in the
    Screen section of your xorg.conf file.  Modes not defined  there
    will  be  ignored when the MetaModes are parsed since the driver
    uses them to make sure the monitors can handle those modes.

        -- http://www.borgnet.us/cgi-bin/man2web?program=3Dradeon&section=
=3D4

>                 ViewPort 0 0
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Committee, n.:
        A group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group
        decide that nothing can be done.
                -- Fred Allen

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--