[ltp] Ubuntu live wlan timeout?

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:40:06 -0400

I have been playing around with the Ubuntu 5.1 "live" CD on a Thinkpad A22M.
My first impressions were very favorable, especially when it found and
installed
a  Belkin F5D6020 ver.2 network card which I had never been able to
successfully
setup under any other Linux install.
Now, the part that I don't understand is that some part of  this setup
appears to have
a time-out built into it.

If I do
system -> administration -> networking -> network settings it will show
the wireless
connection as active when it won't even ping my access point.
Then if I select the (shown as active ) wireless connection, click
properties then click
OK and click OK again at the network properties menu the connection will
start to
work again for a few minutes.
Both of the leds on the card stay on either way.
Does anyone know the reason for the timeout?
Thanks,
  Bert