[ltp] Seeking advice: T42p vs T43p

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:23:57 -0400

> ok!
>
> So does anybody has an idea of whether the SATA layer from the t43
> provides any advantage over the t42?
>
> Or maybe somebody know whether the issues with the SATA layer and
> suspend in linux are about to be solved?
What do you mean? If you read my email and the link carefully you'll
see it is already solved. After applying the patch, which is included
in newest Ubuntu, there's no problem suspending to RAM for SATA layer.
For performance we need someone with non SATA drive for T42p to tell
use what does his hdparm -tT tell them.