[ltp] Seeking advice: T42p vs T43p

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:46:51 -0400

> What do you mean? If you read my email and the link carefully you'll
> see it is already solved. After applying the patch, which is included
> in newest Ubuntu, there's no problem suspending to RAM for SATA layer.
> For performance we need someone with non SATA drive for T42p to tell
> use what does his hdparm -tT tell them.

Sorry. I should have explained myself better: The suspend to ram has
been solved, but there seem to be other issues, like swapping of the
optical drive (as far as I can tell, you need to have it connected on
boot for it to work). The problem with being restricted to certain hard
drives for upgrades is annoying too.

It seems that the t42p is more linux-friendly, at least for the time
being.

Thanks for your help!

Carlos