[ltp] SuSE Pro 10.0

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:03:09 +0100

Bernd Illig wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I tried SuSE 10.0 also but didnīt notice your problem; perhaps because
>I installed it on a T22. SuSE 10.0 is quicker than the 9.x releases,
>but I faced the annoying problem that it doesnīt shut down correctly.
>After "shutdown -h now" the screen stays on, even if you push the
>"OFF" button on the keyboard. All I can do to get out of this is to
>remove the battery and plug off. My friend owns a T43 and an unused
>partition on it ;) I will ask him to install SuSE 10.0 and let us
>participate on his experience.
>

>cheers,
>
>Bernd Illig
>Muenster, Germany
>(currently running VectorLinux SOHO 5.0.1)
>

>On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:09:29 +0900 Irene
>Quintana <irenequintana@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>> I have downloaded the recently released SuSE Pro 10.0 and have experienced
>>intermetent hang up.
>>Anyone who have idea or have experienced the same thing?
>> I am installing it on my T43.
>>  Thanks for any help in advance. :)
>> Irene

To add confusion to this question, im using Slackware  10 and we uprated
the kernel to 2.6.12 to try and get an isdn pcmcia modem to work.
Needless to say it didnt..
 this  updated kernel produced the same problem  as describerd above.
 It also introduced a udev dynamic device directory which takes over 50
secs to load. It wasnt there before and I dont know what it does.
Newer isnt allways better.
 I was planning to try Suse 10 as its supposed to have properisdn
support. Im now having my doubts.
 the Linux version i plan to try is  Vector linux. am awaiting on a
friend to download a version .