[ltp] SUSE 10 OSS on a TransNote, some trouble

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:17:43 +0200

Hi,

i just installed SUSE 10 OSS on my TransNote and have some troubles with it.

The major concerns at the moment are that neither tpb nor ibm_acpi work.

tpb:
I have nvram loaded at startup and i modded the udev rules to provide
global access to /dev/nvram. I can run tpb and it doesn't complain. But
it just doesn't do anything...no OSD output, and even no output in
--verbose mode. Any ideas?

ibm_acpi:
Again, i have the module loaded at boot time, the /proc/acpi/ibm
structure is there. Its version 0.11. A cat /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey states
that it's enabled, with mask not supported (?). I do not get any events
in /var/log/acpid. It seems that in SUSE powersaved opens a socket to
acpid and has acpid forward the events to this socket. Does this prevent
acpid from logging the events? Or does acpid only log events that i have
an events file for (doubt that)?

Secondary concerns: Does anyone know how i switch GNOME toolbars to
display icons only instead of icons and text? It seems the Toolbar
properties panel has vanished in GNOME 2.12.

And if someone could provide an easy way to reduce icon size in
GNOME...when you run it on a 800x600 display you have the feeling you
are clicking through thumbnails of your art collection, not icons.

André.