[ltp] Conexant modem: NO CARRIER

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:18:16 +0200

Ignacio Fernández Galván, 17-10-2005:

> I have an IBM Thinkpad R51 with Mandriva LE2005. The modem is identified
> as an Intel one, but it seems to have a Conexant chipset, so I installed
> the hsfmodem rpm package from the club repository. The module loads fine
> and the system seems to be using the hsfmc97ich driver.

Well, this appears to be the problem. I downloaded and installed the
generic rpm package from linuxant (instead of the ones from the Mandriva
club) and it worked (after I fixed some parameters in the firewall). I'll
report the "bug" to Mandriva as soon as I can.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es