[ltp] SuSE Pro 10.0

P Hornshaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:35:02 +0100

Hi All,

I downloaded Novell's SuSE 10, the DVD iso.  It hanged shortly after
bootup; I didn't even get to the splash Install menu.  I've always
selected the "no acpi" option when I've installed SuSE previously on my
R40e.  Any ideas on how I can bypass the hanging, or should I try with
the CD set?

By the way, I always buy a copy  of SuSe, haven't missed any releases
since 6.3; I just wanted to have a play with it before it gets to PC
World's shelves.  They're very slow around here to stock it and I
usually have to wait 6 - 8 weeks before they get it on.

Cheers,
Paul Hornshaw