[ltp] Re: Seeking advice: T42p vs T43p

Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:55:41 +0300

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:12:44AM +0200, Fionn Behrens wrote:
> I have a T42p with FireGL chip. ACPI and Suspend to RAM worked almost
> out of the box. With the radeon driver, my VGA connector promptly
> outputs a 1:1 copy of the screen contents when pressing FN-F7. Since our
> presentation beamer happily scales down the 1600x1200 resolution its a
> "works for me" for presentations. I never tried to hack more
> sophisticated things like dual screen. Anyway, a colleague with a
> radeon7500 chip had a lot of hassle trying to get something reasonable
> out of his VGA. But then, he is using APM...

Interesting -- my T42 with Radeon7500 was an almost instant
out-of-the-box "plug and play" for me.  The only problem was that the
picture was very "wawy", but this cleared up when I either rebooted or
just restarted X (not sure which bit helped) while an external monitor
was connected.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I am right now in the process of reading the Xft source code (the suspense =
near
the end of Chapter 7 is unbearable) [...]
	-- Juliusz Chroboczek

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--